Thursday, November 7, 2013

Tomato Basil-Tarts


I have been having a lot of fun working with the Lazy Baker's Puff Pastry  I made. I have put this pastry through the ringer with freezing, thawing, rolling, and it stands up to the best! 
So I wanted to make a cute little side dish/appetizer to go along with our soup I made for dinner. So I went back to the book that gave me the wonderful puff pastry Baking by Hand

Tomato Basil-Tarts
adapted from Baking by Hand
Makes 4 appetizer tarts
1 Organic Tomato
Extra-virgin olive oil
fine sea salt
18 fresh basil leaves

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. 
Roll out the dough to about 1/8 inch thick. Cut into circles. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Slice the tomato 1/4 inch thick. 
Take out your pastry circles. Lightly brush the surface of the dough with olive oil, and place the tomato slices evenly spaced around the circle of dough. Sprinkle with sea salt. 
Bake on a baking stone for 15 minutes, or until the tarts are golden brown. 
Remove from the oven and garnish with basil leaves and serve warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print This Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...