Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Scallops with Leek Grenobloise


For those of you just tuning in, I have exciting news! I was just offered a book deal. I am writing Gourmet Cooking for two, the cookbook! 



So things are getting a little hectic for me. I write for a lot of publications, have just finished up writing my other book "Gluten-free made easy" that will be available June of 2014, and now this book that will be available to purchase at costco, barnes and noble, amazon and so many more places August of 2014! Exciting!


Bear with me during this time. Since I plan on bringing you 100 recipes that you have not seen before, I will be busy busy busy and not able to post here as often as I would like. 

Now on to today's food. 
My husband absolutely loves seared scallops. I am not a big fan. I can handle one. After that it is just far to rich for me. I still try to make them for him often. This version was nice and light and full of citrus flavor. 

Scallops with Leek Grenobloise
slightly adapted from Food and Wine

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 pound sea scallops
sea salt
Freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium leek—trimmed, halved and thinly sliced
2 tablespoons drained capers
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for serving
2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley

In a large nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil. Season the scallops with salt and pepper and cook over moderately high heat until golden brown on the bottom 4 minutes. 
Now you are going to do what I like to call the "flip and tap". Turn the scallops over and cook for about 30 seconds just enough to make the scallops opaque throughout. Transfer to a platter and keep warm.

Melt the butter in the skillet. Add the sliced leek and capers and cook over high heat, stirring, until the leek is crisp-tender, 2 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice and parsley and season with salt and pepper. Spoon the leek around the scallops and garnish with lemon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print This Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...