Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Asian Fish Sandwich


 
Sometimes it is hard to stay away from all the fast processed food out there. My husband and I have not eaten out, unless it is an organic farm to table restaurant, in a long time. Because I am so in love with my man, I want him around. I make sure he gets "real food" to eat. Not the chemically laden, genetically modified, processed food you get at most restaurants. 


So I have been recreating our comfort foods at home. I have been missing a good crispy fish sandwich for some time. It was time for me to create one, and this one did the trick. Way better than anything I have been served in a restaurant, and because it was made from scratch with wholesome ingredients, I didn't feel gross after I ate it.  I made them into sliders for easier eating. They are divine, I hope you try them!


Asian Fish Sandwich

For the slaw
1 1/2 Tablespoons Rice wine vinegar
1 Tablespoon Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1 Tablespoon Peanut Oil
1/4 Tablespoon Sesame oil
1/4 Tablespoon Honey
1/4 Tablespoon Fresh lime juice
1 pinch Cayenne pepper
1 pinch Red Pepper Flakes
1 pinch Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup Shredded Cabbage


flour dredge: 1/4 cup flour, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper
2 eggs
Breading:
1 cup panko breadcrumbs

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon pepper


1/2 pound fish fillets. I used snapper, but mahi, halibut, or any whitefish will work
2 Tablespoons butter 
1 Tablespoon olive oil


For the Yogurt Sauce:
1/4 cup kefir cheese (spreadable greek yogurt)
1 Tablespoon dill pickle juice

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon hot sauce


6 dinner rolls of your choice
Directions:



Toss the panko crumbs with ginger, salt, paprika, and pepper.


Cut the fish filets to fit on your dinner rolls. 

Prepare a dipping station.  One bowl with the flour dredge mixed together. One bowl with your eggs whipped. One larger bowl with the breading. 
Start by dipping your fish in the flour and coat on each side.
Next dip in the eggs.
Lastly, coat the fish in the breading mixture. 
Melt 2 Tablespoons butter and one tbsp olive oil in a skillet and add fish, cooking each side until browned, turning once.


Meanwhile, prepare sauce. Mix together all yogurt sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside. 

When fish is almost done, prepare your buns.  Spread each bun with yogurt sauce mixture. Place cabbage slaw on each bun. Top with fish fillet. 
Dabble a little more of the sauce on the top bun and top the fish. 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Print This Post

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...